Sunday, April 1, 2012

Culture Shock Realness

It's been a LONG motherfuckin' time since I've been out in the Texas sun for 8 hours. I'm pretty sure I suffered a heat stroke, I can see a damn heat rash creeping up my hands, and my arms itch which means I am burnt. crispy.

I know haven't written in a minute, but I wasn't sure if there was anything left to say, but there always is. It's just a questioning of being quiet and listening. For the last two months I've been working at the new gig. Mostly doing a lot of leg work to get the word out about the school, preparing for our open house event and receiving parents at our offices. It's been about getting to know this guy that I am working with. So far it's just been me and him. I am after all the 2nd employee of AA. I am beginning to think I like start up environments. Anyways, for all that wingeing AA's first open house was a smashing hit.

And on top of it being a smashing hit, this whole other part of my life came together in the most beautiful way. My mom was there, my two aunts, and my two cousins with their kids were there. As in my mom hadn't seen Liz, Debby, or Twanya in 20 plus years. And they saw each other and hugged and kissed at my fucking event. My beautiful springy festive event. Then one of my best friends from NYC and her gal came over for a bomb ass brunch my mom made. And AFTER that I went to my cousin's house to chill with the fam.

As much as I struggle with the realities of Texas livin I wouldn't trade this weekend for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Svpply List