Monday, January 30, 2012

Pop Life

It's been a VERY long time since I've put my fist through a wall. Needless to say, Friday was a goddamned shit show in terms of mental health. I was way too hyped up to hear back from a potentially badass gig, and was summarily smacked in the face with an email saying that I'd have to wait a few more days to find out if all was a go. That was first thing Friday morning. My mood never left blackest rage mode for the rest of Friday. I told myself all the things one should tell themselves in that moment. You're still in the running. You knew he had only gotten a hold of one of your references. If it's meant to be, it will be. Nothing helped.  I took a long hot shower. I went for a bike ride. I cleaned the apartment. I took a nap. That only marginally helped. I woke up and I was still totally worked over. AND THEN...wave upon wave of grief over breaking up with Tia hit me. Fucking awful. Despair sucks.

Thankfully, Katie came over after hearing me blubber on the phone with snicker doodles, hugs, and something funny to say about my next home improvement project. 

The weekend got heaps better after Friday. To die...to sleep...To wash back up on the shores on consciousness cleansed of the previous day's lizard brain muck.  I am always so grateful for the day after nights like that.

Today I feel infinitely more prepared to keep on keeping on. And just in time too, because the waters are looking a little choppy ahead.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Svpply List